If you are serious about turning your business green, you may want to look into obtaining green and environmental certifications. These generally require your business to be in compliance with the agencies prerequisites and pay an annual membership.
Here are a few agencies to help you get started.
- Institute for Green Business Certification (IGBC)
- IGBC enables you to achieve “Green Business Certification.” IGBC certifies businesses on a nationwide scale. IGBC has a developed marketing program which will aid you in getting the publicity and recognition you deserve from becoming a “Certified Green Business”
- Leonardo Academy
- Leonardo Academy works with organizations, corporations, families and individuals to evaluate their current impacts and to develop effective, measurable strategies to enhance sustainability. Leonardo Academy specializes in LEED certification.
- Certified Green Partners (CGP)
- Certified Green Partners (CGP) is an international, independent, non-governmental certification organization advocating sustainable practices, products, and the commitment to corporate social responsibility.
- All CGP certification program participants are required to undergo periodic, rigorous surveillance verifications by independent third party accredited professionals who monitor ongoing compliance of the CGP standards.