Taxleaf has been in business since 1976. As crazy as that sounds, we were here before the internet was created. So, since we went “on-line” we’ve saved our favorite links for your benefit. Click the ones you like and ignore the ones you don’t. If you think we should add some, please let us know.
IRS Forms & Publications
- 1099 A and C Instructions (2009)
- 2012 W-2 and W-3 Instructions (does not include forms).
- Employer-provided benefits—how to tax, Publication 15-B Fringe Benefits.
- I-9—pdf of Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Internal Revenue Manual.
- IRS forms (8109-B etc.) by mail—instead of pdfs or online.
- Market Segment Specialization Program Audits—obtain a copy of the IRS Examiner Training Manuals for your industry or profession.
- Standard Mileage Rates for 2009
- Tax withholding and estimated taxes—Publication 505.
- Withholding tables—Publication 15-T.
- IRS Businesses
- IRS Individuals
IRS—by Industry or Profession
- Agriculture—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Automotive—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Bartering Tax Center—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Construction—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Entertainment—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Gas Retailers—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Manufacturing—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Money Services Business (MSB) Information Center—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Real Estate—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Restaurants—IRS rules, regulations and resources
- Tax professionals—IRS rules, regulations and resources
State by state
- Sales tax rates—state-by-state sales taxes.
- State departments of labor—state-by-state labor offices, commissioners, directors, and secretaries.
- State by state revenue departments—state by state.
- State tax forms—state by state.
- State-by-state taxes—Each state’s income tax, sales tax, etc.
Small Business Links
- Business expenses—how to reduce expenses; a checklist.
- Business plans—useful for new or growing businesses. Be sure to click on “Writing the plan” and “Using the plan” in the lefthand column.
- Business records retention—to see how long to keep different kinds of business records.
- Business scams—current ones, how to guard against.
- Business start-ups—checklists for new businesses.
- Business start-ups—selecting the right entity (sole proprietorship, S corp, LLC, etc.).
- Business structure—comparisons (sole proprietorship v. S corp v. LLC, etc.).
- Credit and Collections—the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, section by section.
- Domain names—find out what names are available before you try to register a name.
- Fax worldwide via e-mail—free trial on faxing from any place in the world to any place in the world.
- Home-business scams—current ones, how to guard against.
- Management—free library comprises 72 categories including finance, benefits administration and compensation.
- Social Security Statement—request a personal statement online.
- Strategic Planning Process—basics.
- Taxpayer Advocate Service.
- Trade magazines by industry—free.
- Wages—by geographical area and occupation.